There's no need to be sedentary during November and December. If you don't have time for traditional exercise, try these ideas:
- Wear a pedometer. How many extra steps can you get in while shopping? Don't be efficient when getting your decorations from the attic. Carry less and make extra trips; you'll be less likely to drop and break something, too!
- What in your schedule is not adding tons of value to your life? Exercise instead.
- Exercise while watching your favorite Christmas movies.
- Rock Around the Christmas Tree, literally. Put on some music and dance.
- Participate; don't spectate. If your kids are playing in a pile of leaves, join them.
- 60/5 rule. Every 60 minutes of sitting (shopping on the Internet, wrapping gifts, etc.), get up and walk around for 5 minutes.
Have an active and fun Season of Celebration!