But there is also the diet-culture. With all of the Christmas parties and family events, people who diet get scared.
- "Oh, I can't have that."
- "I wonder how many calories this has."
- "I'd better stay in the living room, because if I go to the buffet table, I know I'll over eat."
- "Well, I had two cookies. I might as well have the pie and cake, too. I'll do good tomorrow."
- "Well, I gained a pound. I might as well just forget it. I'll start again on January 2nd."
Does this sound familiar? It does to me, because I dieted for many years and I dreaded Christmas parties. But now I get excited because I'm an Intuitive Eater. What does that mean for Christmas?
- Eat what you really want. (Not just because it is there. And not depriving yourself.)
- Savor the food. You don't have to hide from yourself that you are eating it.
- Stop when you are satisfied. Easy when you know you can have it again the other 364 days of the year if you want it.
If you want to learn more about Intuitive Eating, check out my video/audio Nourish Your Life HERE and the book Intuitive Eating by Tribole.