Fall weather is here! (Or spring, if you are our neighbors below.) The temperatures are perfect for being active outside. Below are some informal and formal exercise ideas for the weekend:
- Go hike (a no-brainer)
- Push-mow the lawn
- Get the weeding done you've been putting off
- Play tag or yard games with your kids
- Frisbee golf (friendly competition with walking as a bonus) - if you don't have a course nearby, set up your own at a park
- Shopping at a outdoor strip mall? Don't drive between stores...walk to each one.
- Clean the outside of your downstairs windows (or drop by my house and wash mine - just kidding)
- Wash the car by hand
Go to a nearby park or quiet cud-da-sac, take a resistance band, and modify the following interval exercise routine to your fitness level. Alternate...
- 30 walking lunges
- 20 pushups
- 30 low rows with a resistance band looped around your feet
- 20 squats super-slow to a count of 10 seconds down and 10 seconds up
- 30 dips off of a park bench (or your car bumper)
- Speed walk or run 2-3 minutes
- Repeat 3-5 times; then walk or jog 15 minutes
- Remember to stretch!
Have a fun and fit weekend!