You should be. At least on your table. Here are a few reasons why...
- Watermelon - According to a research study at Florida State University, watermelon may help keep "pre-hypertension" from becoming "hypertension."
- Strawberries - Help to fight breast and cervical cancers.
- Cranberries - Dried or fresh UNsweetened helps prevent cavity-causing bacteria from adhering to your teeth.
- Pomegranates - High in anti-inflammatories (great for post-workout) and antioxidants; has been shown to slow increase in PSA.
- Tomatoes - You've heard of lycopene. To get the best punch of lycopene, cook or juice your tomatoes. It may help with prevention of various cancers and heart disease.
- Tart Cherries - An anti-inflammatory; can help with muscle and joint recovery after exercise. Can also help control triglycerides (of course, that means not adding a lot of sugar to blunt the tartness.)
So, go see some Red at the Farmer's Market this weekend!